The Daniel, Jed & Cody Scholarship
This scholarship of $1,000 may be applied to tuition, housing, books, and testing costs during the School year in which it was granted. The number of available scholarships is limited to availability of funds. The scholarship will be paid at the rate of $500 per semester, paid directly to the educational institution where the recipient is enrolled. Recipient must be enrolled with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester in order to remain eligible for the scholarship.
To be eligible, you must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- High School Senior enrolled in Tooele County School District
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
- Survivor of suicide (example: loss of parent or sibling to suicide)
Scholarship Selection Committee and Process
Life’s Worth Living Foundation appoints the Scholarship Selection Committee; it includes a panel of 5 Tooele County residents, as well as a member of the Life’s Worth Living Foundation Board of Directors.
Applications may be submitted in written form. Please include the following information in your application:
- A recommendation letter from a teacher, counselor, or other school personnel.
- Most recent transcript.
- Contact information of both applicant and parent if different. Please include the following:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Your high school and date or anticipated date of graduation
- The college or university that you are or will be attending and anticipated date of graduation.
- Please submit answers to the following questions in no more than 500 words per question:
- How has being a survivor of suicide affected you and your education?
- What can be done as a community to successfully prevent suicide?
Applications must be received between 20 February 2017 – 20 April 2017 to the Life’s Worth Living Foundation. Only 1 scholarship will be awarded per year. Recipient will be announced Friday the 8th of May 2017 and will be contacted by email and/or phone. Written applications can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE! By clicking the button below, you will download an application form in adobe Acrobat format and you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill out the form electronically. You can Download and install the reader for free here. Once you have download the scholarship application, you can fill it out electronically and submit it to us by email automatically by clicking the email button on the top right of the scholarship application. If you have any questions please contact us via the form above.
For a printable version of this information click here: Scholarship Info